My husband and I had just finished tucking our five young ones into bed one evening when we heard sobbing coming from three-year-old Billy's room. Rushing to his side, we found him crying hysterically. He had accidentally swallowed a penny and was sure he was going to die. No amount of talking could change his mind.
Desperate to calm him, my husband palmed a penny that he happened to have in his pocket
and pretended to pull it from Billy's ear.
Billy was delighted. In a flash, he snatched it
from my husband's hand, swallowed it and demanded cheerfully, "Do it again,